In the soup

Two bacon hocks, a few handfuls of green lentils, garlic, leeks, carrots, bay leaves, thyme and sage. Fill the crock pot with all this and then add water to the top and cook on low all day. Serve with toast.

Kid test: Fionn ate it all and said "Thank you Mum, I like this soup." I love him. Brighid ate the toast and a bowl of tayberries from the freezer and resolutely refused to even look at the soup. I love her too, but not really her eating habits tonight.

Price/Fallon test: soups are good. Long soups with bones in them very good. All the veges and herbs good too. Toast not good but I'm unrepentant. I'm unsure of late about bacon hocks because of nitrates (or nitrites?). They do give great flavour to a soup though.

I bought punnets of kohlrabi and purple sprouting broccoli from the garden shop today. Oh the promise of a garden shop purchase...

My daughter is galloping through a million outfits per day at the moment. I might have to get the sewing machine out. Any links to girl's skirt or dress/pinafore patterns very welcome in the comments section. She is three. I think I could get the sewing machine out this weekend, especially if short people would go to sleep promptly in the evenings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McCalls 7288 & altered Style Arc Barb pants

Livingstone daisies

Heartburn & Paris Etc