Friday, April 24, 2015
Muse Natalie Dress #2
When I made the fit changes, I dropped the triangle insert and because I wanted this dress to be work appropriate, I sewed up the part above it. It has successfully ensured that it is work appropriate, but looking in the photos, it does change the style lines of the garment. That was not so noticeable to me looking at it in the mirror. The Muse Gillian pattern is much easier to fit on me (wrap dress, so no surprise), but it is a longer make and uses more fabric.
I like the fabric, but it is all polyester and I've realised it is going to be quite warm to wear. I suspect a problem could be that it doesn't breath well and I end up smelly wearing it. I have the fabric to make a top in this pattern. That doesn't have the gathers at the front. I'm thinking of making it longer than the top in the pattern piece, to be more like a tunic.
When I made the first version, I thought I wanted it a shade shorter. Now I think it ideally needs flowy fabric and to be longer. Maybe I will make another one.... A merino version, perhaps without the front gathers, and with the lower neckline (I can do a camisole underneath), would be nice.
I tried using a twin needle for the first time. It worked.