I made the peplum cardigan work in the end, by cutting the seams off and re-sewing. I'd cut it too big first time round, so that worked. Pictures to follow once I have gotten someone to take them.
This weekend I made alterations to the pattern pieces of my Style Arc Issy top. I'd no chance of altering them until I'd sewn it once (which I've done - pictures will be forthcoming of that too). Next step is making it in a narrow red and white stripe fabric.
I've found a new pattern to fall in love with: McCalls 6898.
this one.I think I could make it up in a stretch cotton. There are some gorgeous ones around. The pattern rating is "easy" and it comes with a,b,c & d cup sizes. Princess seams, which will be a new challenge.