sewing dreaming

I made the peplum cardigan work in the end, by cutting the seams off and re-sewing.  I'd cut it too big first time round, so that worked.  Pictures to follow once I have gotten someone to take them.

This weekend I made alterations to the pattern pieces of my Style Arc Issy top.  I'd no chance of altering them until I'd sewn it once (which I've done - pictures will be forthcoming of that too).  Next step is making it in a narrow red and white stripe fabric.

I've found a new pattern to fall in love with:  McCalls 6898.
That's the pattern photo.  Even more gorgeous is this one.I think I could make it up in a stretch cotton.  There are some gorgeous ones around.  The pattern rating is "easy" and it comes with a,b,c & d cup sizes.  Princess seams, which will be a new challenge.

Comments

Margaret said…
Greetings,
I have been reading your blog and enjoying it. I too have a figure somewhat like yours and have spent hours trying to get patterns to fit - which sometimes takes all the pleasure out of sewing. I live in Auckland and garden etc. I like the look of the McCalls pattern too.
Cheers,
Margaret
Unknown said…
The life of a man consists not in seeing visions and in dreaming dreams, but in active charity and in willing service. See the link below for more info.


#dreaming
www.ufgop.org

Popular posts from this blog

McCalls 7288 & altered Style Arc Barb pants

Livingstone daisies

Heartburn & Paris Etc