garden colour and produce

The genealogical obsession continues.  Thankfully, the children have two parents, which meant they did get to eat meals in the weekend.  Checking just one more source, and then just one more, isn't conducive to cooking tea.  I did find that my 4xgreat grandmother was a midwife though, a profession I admire greatly.

Below is my Chatham Islands forget me not.  It took over a year before this plant bloomed, but looking at that intense shade of blue, I think it was worth the wait.  I'm going to plant some more.



Our little manuka, which I thought was going to die, is flowering.

Iceland poppies.

 
 Self-sown borage and calendulas.
 
 There isn't a lot to eat inour garden at the moment.  There is mesclun, of which the red russian kale and the giant red mustard dominate entirely.  I've been putting it into salads and stirfries. We need to eat this up most vigorously in the next fortnight, as the tomatoes need to go in its place soon.

Broad beans.  Half hearted, interrupted attempts at staking which I must rectify soon.
 Amongst the unweeded wilderness, an artichoke heart.
 A longer term project in the form of garlic, to the right of the irises.
My other great delight currently  is reading Anne of Green Gables to Brighid.  Re-reading it, I see why both Brighid, and I before her, love it so.  All that high melo-drama!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McCalls 7288 & altered Style Arc Barb pants

Livingstone daisies

Heartburn & Paris Etc