Thyme, veges & sunflowers

Seed sowing day. FH and the children made newspaper seedling containers with a gadget I got from the Warehouse and in them we sowed lots of sunflowers and also some pohutakawa. I sowed basil, thyme, feverfew, red onions, leeks, rocket, lettuces and the children finished the sowing project with some calendulas. The thyme is to make an edging around the old chook run garden to make it harder for the lawn to encroach. The feverfew is to transplant out the front to grow a wild daisy look in competition with the ivy and convulvulus and blackbery and twitch...

I had to get a bit realistic about the relationship between my gardening time and what I want to do, so the spuds will be out the back in an existing bed after all.

Some pictures from our walk this afternoon:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McCalls 7288 & altered Style Arc Barb pants

Livingstone daisies

Heartburn & Paris Etc