garden & sewing

Purple sprouting broccoli gone to seed.
Globe artichoke and borage
Calendulas and red poppies


Peas and roses after the rain.The birthday gift for our wee friend H who turns two this month. I used Tiny Happy's tutorial. I scaled it down to about two thirds (leaving the bag height a bit bigger than two thirds). I used some remaindered curtain samples. The only bit which was difficult was joining the handles at the top and I think that would be easier with different fabric. This kind was both sticky and slippery to sew - yes both of those at the same time.

Yesterday I bought a clematis, a jasmine (a non-invasive cultivar apparently), more beans, more basil, more celery, some quash slug pellets and a funky miniature tree-like succulent. I haven't done anything about planting any of them yet because I am keeping myself and my runny nose inside and sewing instead. After I finished the bag, I cut out the fabric for C-word project number one, which is to make a sundress (New Look 6195) in a size seven. I have cut the facing out in a pattern (the main dress is a plain lightweight denim), with the idea that I might yet make the pattern up in a wee bag with denim lining. Or even put a frill on the dress hemline in the pattern. Maybe.

Slug pellets. Yes. The end of the organic dream? The beginning of marital deception given I bought them against our agreed protocol? Maybe. But hopefully it will mean we get to eat some carrots and beans and lettuces and coriander, not just the slugs and snails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McCalls 7288 & altered Style Arc Barb pants

Livingstone daisies

Heartburn & Paris Etc