hippie nutter fights cold and wins: her secrets

Last Friday I felt awful. Full of cold and the sense that it could get a lot worse. I collected Favourite Handyman from work about 4pm and put myself to bed as soon as we all got home. I spent most of Saturday in bed which definitely helped.

But so good that on Sunday I felt great again? Just a rest after such a rotten head cold? I think my other strategies deserve some credit.

1. vitamin C. Lots. We've got a mixture called revitalise (Good Health brand I think) in our cupboard at the moment which is magnesium, zinc, vit C and bioflavonoids. I alternated that with our vit C powder which is just vit C and bioflavonoids.

2. Lemon drinks. Same deal as above really.

3. My winter flu formula. garlic, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar and honey. Eye watering stuff but I have found that if I take it in prune juice, I can get it down me without much pain at all.

4. I put a drop of hydrogen peroxide down each ear on Saturday night, to clear out any cold/flu bacteria.

One zillion times better than taking expensive supressants from the chemist. Make that three zillion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Queen

Sewaholic Nicola in linen

wine swilling genealogist